NUCLEAR SECTOR PROJECT ENGINEER
We are currently seeking a person to join our expanding Nuclear sector team as a Project Engineer. Previous experience and work delivery within the Nuclear industry, with technical knowledge of mechanical engineering, fabrication & construction is essential. The expectation is for the candidate to have the ability to project manage from concept phase to completion working with tight deadlines, high specifications and on budget. Excellent communication skills with the willingness to adapt to any environment would be advantageous.
The candidate is expected to consistently deliver value and innovation to technically challenging, complex nuclear and environmental-related projects, by offering multidisciplinary capabilities, technical expertise, health, safety and quality workmanship.
The candidate should have good leadership qualities, be highly motivated, well organised and capable of working within a closely-knit team.
• Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation including Construction Design Management and Health and Safety at Work Act – preferable with IOSH or NEBOSH quals.
• Proven working experience of construction within the Nuclear sector.
• Proficient in MS Office.
• Fluent English – written & verbal
• Full UK driving licence
• Degree qualified engineer, HNC minimum level qualification with relevant work experience – Mechanical / Process / Construction.
• Experience working in a regulated nuclear environment / generating power station.
• Awareness of EDF standards & procedures beneficial.
• CSWIP 3.1.
• SMSTS Qualified.
• CTC & DBS cleared
• Working knowledge of CAD and drawing packages
• The candidate should have good leadership qualities, be highly motivated, well organised and capable of working within a closely-knit team.
• They need to be responsive to the demands of working within the nuclear sector.
• They need to be able to communicate, build relationships, be proactive and be part of a team
Principal Responsibilities: Responsibilities:
The project engineer role may vary depending on the specific assignment undertaken, but would typically involve the activities below:
• Identifying, implementing and complying with applicable safety, environmental and quality standards, company procedures and policies and other relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
• Support the Project Manager with day to day activities required to deliver work in line with the project plan including safety, quality, schedule and cost objectives.
• Facilitate and chair meetings as required by the Project Manager.
• Prepare and maintain engineering documentation including Quality Plans and other documents as required.
• Review technical documentation including project relevant documents and drawings and submitting to the client for review/approval.
• Ensure technical queries are managed in accordance with process and procedures.
• Carry out technical appraisals of project options. Perform feasibility studies, site surveys and liaison with designers and client project teams as required.
• Manage the delivery of assigned engineering tasks ensuring that the work is conducted in a safe, timely and effective manner in line with the relevant procedures. Facilitate and chair meetings as required by the Project Manager.
• Carrying out regular site visits and performing task observations of on-going projects, giving updates as required to both the project manager and client.
Accountabilities: To the Project Manager for:
• Delivering allocated roles and tasks in a safe manner to the specified functional criteria, goals and objectives, compliant with appropriate legislation, Project Procedures and within the approved project baseline, scope, cost, schedule and quality requirements.
• Early identification of issues and/or concerns that either has the potential or will impact the project baseline.
• Providing accurate and timely information, data and reports regarding the project status, activities and performance.
• Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation including Construction Design Management and Health and Safety at Work Act – essentially with IOSH or NEBOSH quals.
• Strong understanding of the need for Quality within the project environment and familiarity with the use and structure of Quality Assurance documentation.
• Must be well versed in the preparation of reports and information.
• Suitable relevant project experience within engineering/construction projects, including the application of project management processes.
• Suitable relevant technical experience including the preparation of technical documentation, the review and approval of technical proposals and procedures, the experience of construction, engineering and fabrication activities.
• Experience of Engineering in a project and operational environment.
• Good organisational and time management skills.
• Excellent communications skills & interpersonal skills, including questioning for clarification and establishing of facts, observation and active listening.
• Ability to cope well under pressure & work within tight timeframes
• Clear decision-making ability with the acumen to judge complex situations & assess when to escalate issues.
• Self-motivated, able to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
This will be a salaried full-time position based in Great Yarmouth.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent working environment, 23 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays, Stakeholder Pension Scheme and Occupational Health Screening Programme.
Interested? Then please send your CV to Recruitment, Moughton Engineering Limited, Gapton Hall Road, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR31 0NL
Please e-mail CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org