Maintaining the security of your data is a priority for Moughton Engineering Limited (MEL). We are committed to: –
- respecting your privacy rights
- handling your data fairly and in line with legislation at all times.
- being transparent about what data we collect and how we use it.
This policy outlines: –
- how we use your data;
- what personal data we collect;
- how we ensure your privacy is maintained; and
- your legal rights relating to your personal data.
HOW WE USE YOUR COMPANY DATA
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
- to process job applications
- with your agreement, to contact you electronically regarding products, services and/or job vacancies
- to enable MEL to manage customer service interactions with you
- where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
MEL will collect the following personal data
- your name
- your contact details, i.e. e-mail address and/or postal address and telephone numbers, including mobile numbers
- your correspondence and communications with MEL
- other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform such as LinkedIn.
- your Curriculum Vitae (for job vacancies)
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, e.g. when you send an email to MEL.
MEL is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure. Our security measures include:
- access to personal data requires the use of a user name and password
- access to personal data is restricted by job function
- financial data is held in a separate system with stricter access controls
- physical measures to protect access to the systems in which the personal data is stored
- encryption of data
- security controls which protect the entire MEL IT infrastructure from external attack and unauthorised access;
- internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
RETENTION OF DATA
Customers – personal data is retained for as long as we are providing you services. In the event that we cease a customer/supplier relationship, however, we are required to retain information by law, we retain only that information which is necessary and in such a way as to have due regard to an individual’s right to privacy.
Recruitment – Curriculum Vitae’s in relation to speculative enquiries will be held on file for 6 months and securely destroyed. For those applying for a specific job vacancy, these will be held on file for 12 months and then securely destroyed.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP PROTECT YOUR DATA
MEL will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from MEL asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
If you have any questions about how MEL uses your data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
Telephone: (01493) 650195
Email: Kerry Flower, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Write to: Moughton Engineering Limited, Gapton Hall Road, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR31 0NL
If you wish to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.