Due to our continued growth we are currently looking to recruit a purchasing assistant. The candidate will be methodical and competent with MS Office and Sage 200.
Good communication skills and the ability to prioritise in a fast moving environment are essential, you will be working closely with the Company Buyer.
This position offers a competitive salary, good working environment, 23 days annual leave + birthday leave + 8 bank holidays, Stakeholder pension scheme and Occupational Health Screening programme.
Interested? then please send your CV and covering letter to Moughton Engineering Limited, Gapton Hall Road, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk NR31 0NL or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Overall reporting to Ross Hewitt – Company Buyer
Also reporting to: Financial Manager and Project Engineers & Stores Manager.
The Purchasing Assistant will become responsible for the routine purchasing of consumables, including but not limited to welding spares, stationery, cleaning equipment, fasteners and machine consumables. To ensure this is achieved close communication and assistance will be required at all levels Office to shop floor.
· The routine purchasing of consumables, including welding spares, stationery, cleaning equipment, fasteners, machine consumables etc
· To be responsible for sub-con service purchase orders for items leaving the Moughton site for treatments i.e paint, heat, galvanising etc.
· Working to all company policies and procedures including health & safety, environment and quality.
· Ensuring cost of Open Purchase orders is maintained and updated as required
· Expediting late purchase orders and provide feedback to Company Buyer and internal customers
· Expediting sub-con service purchase orders to ensure delivery dates are met
· Assist Company Buyer as required on any other company business
· Participating in any required training and risk assessments.
· Any admin duties required via liaison with the MD, GM, QHSE & Financial Managers also the production engineers and production supervisors.
· Fulfilment of Health and Safety responsibilities as required by company policies and procedures.
· Ordering and maintaining adequate stationery & canteen supplies for all office requirements.
· Ensuring that all telephone contact with external customers is dealt with in a polite and professional manor.
· Arranging where required for the upkeep of office décor and maintenance.
· Arranging the upkeep of desks, computers and telephone system.
· Accurate record keeping.
· Assisting where required with dealing with invoices, bills
· Where required assist with any internal or external audits.
· Updating and maintaining an accurate email and contact database.
· When required assisting with the running of the stores and collation of material certifications and cert packs.
These functions are not exhaustive as there will be times when you will be required to undertake other functions as delegated by any of those shown in the reporting structure above.
There may be times when work circumstances require adjustments to working hours and restructures to the working week.