Looking for your next exciting challenge and opportunity?
Moughton Engineering have continued to grow, through increased demand, supporting existing clients, through continual improvement and investment in production development and new machinery. Due to these factors, we are now looking to recruit individuals who have positive and practical aptitude along with production experience in a machining environment.
We are looking for
A competent, skilled Machinist with experience programming and operating turning equipment, preferably MAZAK.
Located in Great Yarmouth, in modern industrial premises, the business has excellent working conditions and a positive professional environment.
Applicants should have relevant experience, be reliable, driven and have the working ethic to solve problems and help move the business forward, with the ability to produce quality machined parts, in line with the Companies high standards.
The main roles and responsibilities for the Machinist include:
The ability to read and interpret engineering drawings. Working to tight tolerances.
Dynamic and capable of meeting challenging deadlines within a fast paced environment.
Competent on all aspects of setting tools, including having an understanding of cutting speeds and feeds.
Strong experience using measurement/inspection equipment including verniers, bore gauges, micrometres etc.
Carrying out deburring of machined components during production cycles ensuring minimal disruption to production.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar industry with abilities to inspect machined and fabricated parts to high tolerances. Ideally the person will have a sound knowledge of
ISO 9001 and essentially the ability to read and understand engineered drawings with experience in using measuring equipment.
To assist the Inspection department and liaise closely with department leads in identifying and resolving manufacturing discrepancies.
This is an hourly paid Full-time position.
With a working knowledge of ISO 9001, this role will require the maintenance and update of a fully audited system of procedures, including those integrated into the company Health & Safety and Environmental systems.
Carrying out scheduled Internal Quality audits and reporting results to the Managing Director, the candidate will be able to apply lessons learnt and experience to best improve the systems whilst adapting to changing customer specifications and demands.
Liaise with other department heads, client contact for quality assurances, main driver for best working practices and procedures.
Good IT skills and proven time management essential as well as good interpersonal skills and the ability to write procedures and processes which are to be understood by staff at all levels.
Knowledge of ISO 14001 and 45001 an advantage to enable working closely with the HSE Manager.
The ideal candidate will preferably be experienced in Quality predominantly with an engineering background who is qualified and able to support and cover Health & Safety in the HSE Managers absence.
As the Technical Coordinator you will be responsible for the movement of work and materials across each department, predominately machine shop activities, in line with the daily/weekly schedules. This will also include Liaising with supervisors/team leaders to determine work progression, re-prioritising activities and managing realistic business expectations and customer delivery in a timeous manner.
Technical Coordinator Key Responsibilities
- Create and assist with client quotations and engineering times associated with scope.
- Maintain a smooth flow of the production lines.
- Manage Machine Shop productivity understanding workflow issues and manufacturing limitations.
- Liaising closely with Machine Shop Manager on daily activities
- Follow-up, as required with all teams, to expedite flow of materials and documents to meet production schedules and customer expectations.
- Analyse the material availability and input from purchasing
- Maintain monthly KPI’s for the Machine Shop team
- Maintain an accurate production plan within the company’s ERP system.
- Submitting Open Order reports to customers
- Ensure any pull in or pull forward customer requests are actioned.
Additional Responsibilities & Personal Requirements
- Work alongside the Sales team to communicate any changes to customer delivery dates and maintain a record of the changes.
- Submitting Open Order reports to customers
- Ensure any pull in or pull forward customer requests are actioned in a pragmatic fashion.
- Previous experience within a machining environment (materials, planning or production) with an understanding of production capabilities and machining times
- Understanding of MRP systems
- To have attention to detail, reliability, as well as being able to problem solve.
- Hardworking and efficient
- To be able to work well in a team as well as independently
- Being able to prioritise your own workload as well as other personnel within the business
- Ability to communicate at varying levels with strength of character to see scenarios through to conclusion
- The ability to work well and accurately in a time-constrained environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
The above positions offer a basic 40 hour week, 23 days annual holiday allowance, excluding Bank Holidays + birthday leave, excellent overtime rates, a contributory pension scheme, life insurance and occupational health screening.
Closing date: 09th July 2021
Please e-mail CV’s to email@example.com stating the role applied for and detailing the reasons that you believe make you the ideal candidate.